Call 02476 214799Telephone
The Online Power Supply Experts
Shopping Cart
Mobile Menu


D is for Desktop Power Supply

Add to: Digg Add to: Add to: Facebook Add to: Furl Add to: Google Add to: Live Spaces Add to: MySpace Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Twitter
Friday August 17, 2012 at 10:05am
The term Desktop Power Supply can be confusing as this is often what the ATX type power supplies found in desktop computers.

I this case we are discussing small enclosed power supplies which are either line in and out or have an IEC inpt with a line out. These are also sometimes refered to as Lump in Line or destop adaptors.

Generally these units are used in applications where the power supply is esposed and often in IT situations (for example to run a printer or monitor) and the unit is therefore enclosed and all working components are hidden away.

This type of unit is limited a little in size and in general would not exceed 200W in power. This generally suits the sort of application which they are used in, however, if you think you need a larger unit then it is always advisable to get in contact with us about an suitable alternative

At Simply Power Supply we have stocks of units which are 5Vdc, 9Vdc, 12Vdc, 18Vdc and 24Vdc, although we are able to get hold of other voltages too.
» Categories: A to Z

1 Comment

Darren | Monday October 8, 2012 at 2:20pm
I think that the term "desktop" power supply can be really confusing. This is the type I was looking for though and you guys havea great selection! ...

Leave a Comment

Your Name  
Email Address  
(kept hidden)
So that we can check that you are a real person (and not a crafty computer), please answer the simple sum below:  
What is 15 - 11 ? Your Answer

CP Power & Automation Ltd, Unit 3, Fairfield Court, Seven Stars Industrial Estate, Coventry, CV3 4LJ, UK, Tel: 024 7621 4799
©2021 Simply Power Supplies.  |  Website By ZARR Ltd